What level of education achieved by the mothers is the mode for this variable?
NUR 527: Fundamentals of Epidemiology and Biostatistics for Nursing
includes questions from “Grove: Statistics for Health Care Research: A practical Workbook, Graded Questions” and other sources.
SGrove, S. K. (2007). Statistics for Health Care Research: A Practical Workbook. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders. ISBN:Click here for more on this paper…….Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted
== The SECOND SECTION includes questions related to analyzing and interpreting the data. Download and use the file “Sample_Data_Assignment2_Blackboard.sav”
This assignment includes 40 points and represents 20% of the course grade. Each question is one point.Please write your name on the top of each page.
Section I: Grove: Statistics for Health Care ResearchA practical WorkbookInstructions: For each exercise section – questions to be graded, in the book “statistics for health care research, a practical workbook”, answer only the specified questions written in bold. Show your calculations and provide rationale for your answers for full credit.For example: for exercise 1, “questions to be graded”, you need to answer only questions 5 and 7.Below are the list of the exercise numbers, title and the specific questions that you will need to answer. You need to read the sections in the workbook in order to answer the questions.Exercise 1: Identifying Level of Measurement: NominalAnswer questions: 5and 7
5. What number and percentage of the 44 depressed subjects were treated with antidepressant medications? Do you think an adequate number received treatment with medication? Provide a rationale for your answer.Click here for more on this paper…….Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted
7. The researchers excluded persons from the study who had a history of psychiatric illness. Provide a rationale for excluding these persons.
Exercise 2: Identifying Level of Measurement: OrdinalAnswer questions: 2 and 7
2. What statistics were used to describe the demographic variable Estimated Yearly Family Income in this study? Were these appropriate?
7. Should the demographic variable Educational level be analyzed with parametric or nonparametric statistical analysis techniques? Provide a rationale for your answer.
Exercise 3: Identifying Level of Measurement: Interval/RatioAnswer question: 6, 9
6. Looking at Table II, what descriptive analysis techniques were performed on the interval/ratio data?
9. Are there significant differences between the intervention and the control groups for any of the variables in Table I? Provide a rationale for your answer.
Exercise 4: Understanding PercentagesAnswer questions: 4 and 6
4. What number and percentage (%) of the total number of respondents had a current CRC test?
6.Explain why the number of total subjects’ data in Table 2 is for 859 subjects when the total sample for the study was 869 subjects.
Exercise 5: Frequency Distributions with Percentages
The post What level of education achieved by the mothers is the mode for this variable? appeared first on Term Paper Tutors.